Every client that participates in our program at Enlightened Solutions is provided individual therapy by one of our skilled clinicians. During the first individual session, you and your paired therapist will work together to create a treatment plan to address your individual needs. The therapist will work side by side with you to build a genuine relationship to facilitate permanent and fulfilling change.
Client and therapist matching are based on your needs and compatibility with the therapist. It is important that you and your clinician work well together and that you are comfortable in each session. There are many therapists to choose from at Enlightened, and we do our best to partner you with someone who can work through issues with you to build a sound foundation for addiction recovery.
You will meet with your therapist at least once per week, to address goals identified in the treatment plan.
The clinician will use therapeutic interventions and methods in various styles such as:
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution focused techniques
Each treatment type is geared to invoke change according to what works best for you.
Topics often addressed in therapy are:
- Education about the disease of addiction
- The process of recovery maintenance
- Understanding concepts of codependency
- Improving relationships with family and friends
- Addressing mental health symptoms and past trauma
- And an introduction to the 12 step program