Enlightened Solutions Detox is looking for a Director of Nursing.
The Director of Nursing is responsible through the direction and under the supervision of the CEO/Medical Director to provide 24-hour management of the clinical functions of the facility. He/she is responsible for providing effective leadership to the clinical staff, has knowledge of the organization and function of the facility and directs all therapeutic activities within the facility in accordance with standards of State and Federal regulations; and other indicated regulatory and accrediting organizations and agencies. He/she is also responsible for supervising the nursing staff and Medical Health Technician’s; providing nursing assessments, formulate the initial treatment plan, initial discharge and aftercare plan and oversee the medical and psychiatric management of the patient in coordination with the attending physician. He/she is also a member of the Treatment Team and provides input into the development of the Master Treatment Plan. He/she functions under the guidance of their State licensure within the facility in accordance with standards of State and Federal regulations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Must be on premises or available on-site, or respond within 30 minutes during the facilities hours of operation.
- Assists in development of policies and procedures, written objectives, job descriptions, organizational plans and quality assurance programs as it relates to nursing services.
- Maintains an effective clinical organizational structure and delegates appropriate authority for completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Functions as a leader of multi-disciplinary Treatment Team/Staffing Meetings.
- Develops and implements plans for Performance Improvement.
- Evaluates quality of treatment program on an ongoing basis.
- Develops cost-effective methods to provide medically necessary therapeutic services.
- Facilitates communication with ancillary services.
- Attends clinical and administrative meetings to integrate inter-departmental sharing of information.
- Provides direction, task assignment, supervision, inspection and monitoring of the nursing staff.
- Facilitates nursing admissions, ongoing client nursing care, and nursing discharge planning.
- Collects and records data in a comprehensive, accurate and systematic manner.
- Documents clinical notes including Admissions Notes, Nursing Assessment, Pre-Screen testing and a record of medications administered in the electronic medical record.
- Manages staff schedule including complying with state ratios, provides staff training and meetings.
- Evaluates the impact of therapeutic interventions upon the therapeutic milieu.
- Demonstrates knowledge of program policies and procedures and develop new policies as needed.
- Shares pertinent information with team as obtained from patients or family throughout program.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to provide medical and nursing care.
- Provides for staff development, (supervision, education, etc.)
- Recruits and interviews new employees.
- Manages clinical nursing activities in a safe, professional manner.
- Manages compliance with established nursing care standards.
- Continues with educational courses and in-services trainings, per policies and procedures.
- Updates knowledge of community resources on a continuous basis.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Demonstrates objectivity and maturity under stress.
- Responds positively to changing situations in the work setting.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Manages in a professional manner and role models a positive image of mental health.
- Participates in Performance Improvement monitoring and evaluating activities.
- Performs all duties and other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education & Qualifications
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in nursing and management, preferably in a detoxification setting. At least one year must be in a Supervisor capacity providing detoxification services. Must be familiar with all relevant healthcare standards: CQI, JCAHO, ADM, ASAM.
- Active and in Good Standing State Licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Maintains current CPR Cert.