Enlightened Solutions is looking for a Primary Therapist.
The Primary Therapist is responsible for performing client care activities as directed by the Medical Director and Clinical Director. He/she will provide group therapy as ordered by the Clinical Director. Supervised by the Clinical Director/Program Director. Collaborates with the Treatment Team in the formulation of the Master Treatment Plan, and assists in coordinating discharge planning.Maintains open communication lines with facility staff, attending clinicians and physicians, clients and families. Liaisons with community agencies, vendors, and payors of health services.
Specific Areas of Responsibility to Position
- Actively participate in Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan meetings.
- Share pertinent information with team as obtained from client’s family, or others as indicated throughout program.
- Attend daily and weekly staffing meetings per schedule.
- Evaluate the impact of therapeutic interventions upon the therapeutic milieu.
- Facilitate group therapy.
- Perform individual therapy with client/family. Caseload will include co-occurring clients.
- Assess clients using ASAM and diagnose using current DSM to determine need and appropriate level of care, continued need for services and transfer/discharge.
- Obtain any previous necessary records to accurately assess needs.
- Collaborate with client to develop a treatment plan and revise as needed.
- Create transfer/discharge plan as required.
- Document the assessment of client progress/regress and interventions provided in the medical record, on an ongoing basis.
- Recognize, respond to and assist in psychiatric crisis situations and provide the intervention necessary.
- Communicate and coordinate with any necessary outside sources, such as mental health treatment providers, criminal justice agencies, schools, employers, DYFS, etc.
- Communicate effectively with client, staff and physician.
- Provide clients with education and instruction on Advance Directives.
- Attend and participates in monthly Program Staff meeting as scheduled by Director.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Sensitive to Cultural Issues of clients as it pertains to the job position.
- Report Suicidality/Homicide of any clients as it pertains to the job position.
- Possess competency and understanding to Addition as it pertains to the job position.
- Report and respond to issues of Trauma of clients as it pertains to the job position.
- Report and respond to Co-Occurring Disorder issues of client as it pertains to the job position.
Minimum Education & Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or health-related field. Master’s level education preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in chemical dependency setting.
- Licensed by the State as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapy or Advanced Practical Nurse. Current CPR certification.
- Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of the discipline.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards.
- Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills.
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Client Confidentiality laws.
- Knowledge of Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
- Knowledge of Workplace Violence.
Other Relevant Information
- Age Specific Individuals Served/Responsibility: Adults
- Security Measures and Clearance: None
- Employee Classification: Exempt