Enlightened Solutions Detox is looking for a Nutritional Cook.
The Cook is responsible for assisting in the daily preparation of all meals provided to the facility. Maintains open communication lines with facility staff, attending clinicians and physicians and clients. Liaisons with community agencies and vendors.
Specific Areas of Responsibility to Position
- Assists with the daily functioning of the kitchen.
- Assists in menu preparation, distribution of and cleaning required for all meals.
- Assists in cooking and producing high quality meals served in the dining room and other special events.
- Ensures that the kitchen is maintained and cleaned in a manner that meets and/or exceeds state regulations.
- Ensures all kitchen policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensures that product inventory is rotated and utilized in an efficient and appropriate manner and informs the Supervisor of any needed items.
- Ensures that all food and supplies are stocked and ready.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for all staff and clients.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to represent the Organization in a professional manner at all times and must have an attitude of cooperation and teamwork.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Sensitive to Cultural Issues of clients as it pertains to the job position.
- Report Suicidality/Homicide of any clients as it pertains to the job position.
- Possess competency and understanding to Addiction as it pertains to the job position.
Minimum Education & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a kitchen under direct supervision.
- ServSafe Certified Preferred (Or Another Qualified Program)
- Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of the discipline.
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Patient Confidentiality laws.
- Knowledge of Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
- Knowledge of Workplace Violence.
- ServSafe Certified Preferred.
Other Relevant Information
- Age Specific Individuals Served/Responsibility: Adults
- Security Measures and Clearance: State and Federal Background Check, Education and License Verification, where necessary.
- Employee Classification: Non-Exempt
- Enlightened Solutions Detox is excited to announce the opening of a 26-bed inpatient detox facility in West Atlantic City, New Jersey. Enlightened Solutions Detox is a kind and compassionate space, providing holistic services, all organic meals, exceptional clinical and medical services.
- Individuals applying need to have a passion for helping those heal from addictive disorders and can work synergistically with all staff.
- Applicant must be experienced in high volume organic cooking and clean living.
- Must have experience with Vegan and Vegetarian cooking. Must be able to pass a drug test. Staff will be cooking for 40 people daily, 3 meals a day.
- Enlightened Solutions Detox offers competitive wages, benefits packages and a supportive work environment. Both full time and part time positions are available.
- Candidates will only be interviewed if they have the above-listed experience.
- Job Type: Full-time