Enlightened Solutions, a holistic, comprehensive recovery treatment center is looking for a Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC) or CADC Intern.
The CADC/CADC Intern will provide group therapy, case management and assessments. Additionally, this role will collaborate with the Treatment Team in the creation of the Treatment Plan and assist in coordination of discharge planning. The CADC/CADC Intern will also observe all client activity, maintaining visible presence of the clients at the treatment center and at outside activities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of chemical dependency and addictions and utilizes knowledge and skills to access and meet the client’s treatment needs and requirements.
- Orients new clients to the facility.
- Oversees clients.
- Conducts/facilitates process groups, educational, chemical dependency, and other groups as assigned.
- Under supervision of the Clinical Director, conduct client assessments and case management services.
- Participates in obtaining the client’s informed consent for procedures, treatments, and research, as appropriate.
- Document the assessment of client progress/regress and interventions provided in the medical record, on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate and coordinate with any necessary outside sources, such as mental health treatment providers, criminal justice agencies, schools, employers, DYFS, etc.
- Utilizes the company van to transport clients to and from appointments and meetings when necessary.
- Recognize, respond to and assist in psychiatric crisis situations and provide the intervention necessary.
- Attend clinical and staff meetings, as required.
- Ability to work as a team member, demonstrating maturity under stress and objectivity.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Performs in a professional manner and role models a positive image of substance abuse.
- Reports abuse of clients’ rights immediately.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education & Qualifications
- Preferably graduation from an accredited college or university with a health-related degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Preferably Licensed, registered and/or actively working towards certification to practice clinical discipline, if applicable.
- Preferably a minimum of 1 years’ experience with chemical dependency and/or co-occurring clients, preferably in an out-patient setting.
- Current and valid NJ driver license.
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
- Knowledge of recovery industry, 12 step Program and client confidentiality laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.